The Nine Moral Principles – February 2018
If we live according to the Nine Moral Principles, we stay on track to becoming liberated and fulfilled. But as we all know, there will be pain, fear, and challenges along the way. There will be bizarre obstacles and apparent roadblocks, so you must have a plan.
Meditation Guidelines – February 2018
There is a silence or a pure positive awareness that always exists in our minds, but it seems to disappear in all the mind chatter day in and day out. During meditation, we get the chance to appreciate the gaps, or moments of silence, between thoughts.
Teaching Children to Meditate – February 2018
Teaching our children to meditate is giving them an invaluable tool, as it develops easier access to inner peace and is essentially the means for creating a happier, more peaceful life.
Cancer: A Bundle of Weak, Confused Cells – October 2014
All the cells in our bodies have an innate ability to replicate and thrive. The most important factor in the development of healthy cells is the essence of the environment in which they live.
Establish Emotional Stability – January 2013
One of the keys to developing emotional stability, wisdom and insight is expressing negative emotions and then consciously moving on to a more peaceful state.
Patience is a Virtue – January 2013
His Holiness the Dalai Lama says that those who have a tremendous reserve of patience and tolerance also enjoy easy access to calmness and tranquility in their lives.
Thought Viruses – January 2013
Thought viruses are subconscious patterns that become ingrained in our being. They become activated as we are exposed to challenges we view as hopeless and when we are feeling helpless.
Forgiveness Unveils Your Spiritual Journey – January 2013
The realm of forgiveness is a sanctuary for knowing love. First, we need to forgive ourselves for all the times we couldn’t overcome challenges.
Share Your Special Talents – January 2013
Everyone has a special talent that they are born with. Along with that special talent comes the responsibility to share it.
Good Luck! – January 2013
Create your reality by welcoming good luck into your life. Good luck is merely preparedness when opportunity arises.
Wisdom from Traditional Chinese Medicine – January 2013
– the Five Elements Theory – Traditional Chinese Medicine gives us what is known as the five elements theory to help us better understand the flow of qi (energy) and the flow of life. Presumably, the theory is about how to accept and appreciate change.
A New Year to Practice Loving-Kindness – January 2012
– It Takes Mindfulness – Mindfulness is imperative to acting out of love and kindness. Mindfulness means to be attentive, aware and thoughtful.
How to Meditate – March 2010
– A Practical Journey to Inner Peace – During your meditations, you will truly begin to appreciate the gaps between your thoughts. It’s a much-needed break from the 60,000-80,000 thoughts we have each day!
After-thoughts from 2010 Haitian Earthquake – February 2010
This earthquake has given us, as humans, an opportunity to re-enact the powerful force that holds this universe together by showing compassion. This reality however, is certain to perpetuate our questioning, “Does everything really happen for a reason?”
Develop Healthy Eating Habits – September 2009
– An Ayurvedic Approach – Prepare meals with all six tastes represented when possible. Try to have different textures represented i.e., crispy, crunchy, chewy, and different temperatures – hot, warm, cool.
Eating for Balance – September 2009
– An Ayurvedic Approach – One of the first things to consider when looking to overcome a health concern is what you eat and drink on a daily basis. Follow these tips to balance your doshas or body energies, thereby reinforcing your inherent potential to heal.
A Healthy Day – From Dawn to Dusk – August 2009
How does one develop a discipline to live conscientiously and be “green?” It all begins with connecting to your will power, then acting on your thoughts to enrich your soul and spirit.
The Role of Spirituality in Health Care – April 2009
Improving your spiritual health will help you cure the root cause of an illness faster, prevent health problems, and help cope with stress.
Dr. Coppola’s Book: The Wisdom of Emotions